Christy Warrender is a Senior Member of the Technical Staff in the Data-driven and Neural Computing group (1462) at Sandia National Laboratories, where she is a researcher in computational neuroscience modeling.
Christy received her Ph.D. in computer science from the University of New Mexico, a Master’s degree in computer science from the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, and a Bachelor’s degree in physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She has worked on computational models of a variety of biological systems and on biologically-inspired machine learning algorithms.
- Neural modeling and simulation software development
- Quantitative assessing of neural simulator capabilities and impact of parameterization on simulated dynamics
- Assessing methods for improving machine learning techniques based on analysis and models of neural systems
- Implementing neural algorithms for image processing and detection systems
- F. Rothganger, C. E. Warrender, D. Trumbo, J. B. Aimone, “N2A: a computational tool for modeling from neurons to algorithms.” Frontiers in Neural Circuits, 8:1 (2014)
- A. Speed, S. J. Verzi, J. S. Wagner, C. Warrender, “Optical holography as an analogue for a neural re-use mechanism: Comment on Anderson (2010)”. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 291-292 (2010).
- A. M. Bouchard, C. E. Warrender, and G. C. Osbourn. “The ‘Programming Language’ of Dynamic Self-Assembly.” In Systems Self-Assembly: Multidisciplinary snapshots, Elsevier, Amsterdam, (2008).
- A. M. Bouchard, C. E. Warrender and G. C. Osbourn. “Harnessing Microtubule Dynamic Instability for Nanostructure Assembly.” Phys Rev E, Vol. 74, No. 4, Pt 1, article #041902 (2006).
- C. Warrender, S. Forrest, and F. Koster. “Modeling Intercellular Interactions in Early Mycobacterium Infection.” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, Vol. 68, No. 8, pp. 2233-2261 (2006).
- C. Warrender, S. Forrest, and L. Segel. “Homeostasis of Peripheral Immune Effectors”. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, Vol. 66, No. 6, pp. 1493–1514 (2004).
- C. Warrender, S. Forrest, and B. Pearlmutter. “Detecting Intrusions Using Systems Calls: Alternative Data Models.” 1999 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, (1999).
- C. E. Warrender and M. F. Augusteijn. “Fusion of Image Classifications Using Bayesian Techniques with Markov Random Fields.” Int. J. of Remote Sensing, Vol. 20, No. 10, pp. 1987-2002 (1999).
- M. F. Augusteijn and C. E. Warrender. “Wetland Classification Using Optical and Radar Data and Neural-Network Classification.” Int. J. of Remote Sensing, Vol. 19, No. 8, pp. 1545-1560 (1998).
- M. F. Augusteijn and C. E. Warrender. “Image Indexing Applied to Typewriter Font Identification.” Neural Computing and Applications, Vol. 4, pp. 209-217 (1996).